Read Orwell, save the world. SciFi channel's Visions for Tomorrow initiative asked fans to pick the "Top Things You Must Read, Watch and Do to Save the World." Wired reported that the "top three planet-saving activities were reading, recycling and registering to vote."
And what should you read?
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- The Stand by Stephen King
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
I have just added all of these titles to my TBR list, and I think I'll start with some H.G. Wells. Plus, I've got the new TV movie of The Andromeda Strain queued on my DVR.
Which of these books have you read?